Moments


I'm sitting here alone on Valentine's Day looking out my window at the few remaining patches of snow. But my thoughts are not here. It started as a July night like any other, the days and nights blurring together in the summer haze. It ended up being one of the most perfect nights of all time. This delicate, sublime creature I was with, both of us in the same ultimate predicament. Byron captured this moment rather perfectly, "There lies the thing we love with all its errors, And all its charms, like death without its terrors." Silver tears fell from her sullen eyes, piercing my chest, burning my heart. It was one of the great moments of my life. This is the tragedy. I guess what I'm trying to say is that when it's all said and done the only moments that ever mattered were spent with someone else.

Comments

  1. remember you only get what you give

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I think I can't go on, my friends help me get through the day.I had an experience like that.A girl I knew kissed my on the cheek.The beating of my heart saw me through.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts