The Open Sky Is Mine Tonight

My breath slowly drifted away and disappeared into the bejeweled luminescent sky. I closed my eyes...the darkness was pure, perfect, thoughtless, visionless; it was without end, without borders; the darkness is the infinite we each carry within us. But the larger a man grows in his own inner darkness the more his outer form diminishes. A man with closed eyes is a wreck of a man. I don't want to close my eyes on this world yet.

Gratitude and humility resonated through my body with each thump in my chest. Laying next to a warm, breathing body is considerably better than laying glassy-eyed and emotionless on the bathroom floor. This time of year there's a lot of talk about thankfulness. When it gets right down to it, I'm thankful that my blood is still warm.

Comments

  1. Yeah, a lot of people off them selves in the restroom. Probably because it is best to sit in a warm bath as this encourages blood flow, easy mess cleanup. And looks really cool when they find you.


    Is that warm breathing body your girlfriend. Kinda like that 9 inch nail song "closer". "You are the reason I stay alive". If your girlfriend wasn't around. Would that be a good reason to fade away?

    I like to stare at full moons while smoking Camel Blue Crush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book
    in it or something. I think that you could do with a few pics
    to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is fantastic blog.
    An excellent read. I will certainly be back.
    Take a look at my website ; Work from home

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts